Blog Comments: Do they still bear the same weight?

I don’t know about your experience, but the real-time updates of Facebook and the massive Twitter community seem to have lessened the value of blog comments. Wait, scratch that. I’d be more inclined to say that Twitter and Facebook have made it easier for marketers to call for comments. I say this under the premise […]

Why WickedFire is a Great Forum to Learn Online Business and Marketing

Look, if you’re interested in joining a forum where everyone is polite but nobody is making serious money, try WarriorForum or DigitalPoint. Those two, for example, have very strict etiquette rules but only one “minor” problem. Simply put, lots of WarriorForum and DigitalPoint members talk the talk but few of them walk the walk. Do […]

EarnersTalk – New Community To Discuss Monetization

David Peralty who has a few guest posts under his belt here at Performancing.com has launched a new community of his called EarnersTalk. EarnersTalk.com is a community forum focused on you guessed it, earning money. The first thing you’ll notice upon visiting the forum is how great the design looks. I don’t think you can […]

Want To Be A Community Manager?

If so, you need to read Deb Ng’s post on Kommein.com entitled The Pros And Cons Of Being an Online Community Manager. In this article, Deb weighs in on the positive and negatives associated with being the star of your community. One thing, I’ve always wanted in my online adventure is to be the leader […]

Have You Mentioned Skittles Enough Lately?

Skittles is running a crazy marketing campaign right now, and it involves Twitter. Do click the Skittles link, and you won’t be led to a regular candy-colored website (although you’ll get a few candy-colored floating objects). Instead, you’ll see a Twitter search results page on just about any post that mentions Skittles, refreshing every few […]

The Saturation of Top Tens and Lists

There is a men’s magazine I enjoy reading, and I’m sure you’re all familiar with it: Esquire. It has been around since 1933 and apart from having some of the best cover designs in the print industry today, by no fail I anticipate a particular feature that they regularly run — their lists. Be it […]

Are You One Of The Select Few?

Here on Performancing and on various other blogs about blogging, the idea of making a good living from blogging has been described as fiction more than fact. Not to say that it isn’t possible however, the chances of it happening are not good. ReadWriteWeb published the results of their own survey today in which they […]

Community Members Site Up For Sale

Those of you who participate in the Hive forum may know her as Katyinlasvegas. She is the one behind the domain, http://www.imbloggingthat.com Well, word has come around that she has put the domain up for sale and is currently looking for buyers. The domain has a pagerank of 4 and an Alexa Rank of 81,319. […]