I am pretty pleased with our progress so far on Exchange. Already if you really want to be a pro blogger there have been several opportunities, some paying gigs and others simply for link credit. We even in our first week have our first blog for sale. Exchange might even help do some good in the world.
For people who want to take up these offers, some tips to help you land your plum blogging gig
- Make sure your profile is up to date and don’t just say “I can do this” or “I am good at that”, back up your statements with relevant supporting experience. “I wrote NNNN an article that brought $xxxxx sales” is a lot better than “I am good at writing sales copy” right?
- Don’t be afraid to contact the people looking for bloggers, if they didn’t want submissions they wouldn’t ask and I am sure any one of them would be more than willing to answer questions if it helps them recruit who they are looking for.
- Demonstrate that you understand what they want, anything that smells of “copy and paste” in a response is bound to be overlooked.
And if you are making an offer
- Be clear about what work is involved.
- Be as explicit as possible what the rewards will be.
- Target who you really want/need, vague posts will not necessarily bring more submissions.
- Spread the word, you will get more responses.
The biggest tip is probably just try it. Can’t hurt and even if it doesn’t work out first time you get a little more publicity.
Author: Chris Garrett
Chris Garrett is a content marketing and blogging coach and co-author of the Problogger Book with Darren Rowse.
@Sergio + Nick: I agree with Sergio. The block at the top should be marked different!
I am not sure but aren’t we having the same misunderstanding with RSS in PMetrics?
Ok, thank you Nick, but it is a confusing interface, because you already have a feed button on top right. But that’s for the front page articles. That one shouldn’t be there.
There is a feed. It’s linked from within the head for autodiscovery and via the little orange xml icon at the bottom of the page.
It links here
I second this idea…
One thing I would like to have is a feed on Performancing Exchange, but I can’t find it. IS there any? Or at least plans of doing so?