Are you willing to write articles for money?
How much do you expect to get?
Don’t give away your work for free
Please read the following. Read twice:
We would like 5 blog postings per week. Each post must be 250+ words. Pay is $55 / month to start.
Source: Software company seeks blogger (November 17, 2007 – 12:21am in Blogger Jobs)
- Reading the whole offer I expected an angry loud and clear stream of comments.
- I expected every freelance writer would stand up and show his/her antipathy (read: spit out).
- I also expected that this offer would be taken offline because of ‘business nonsense’ and being a bad job offer for the p.com community.
- Instead: “I am interested in this opportunity where can i contact you” and “I’m very interested in this job.”.
Hello! What is happening here?
Money from your articles
- If you are able to write five articles per week then don’t give 20 of them away for 55$.
- Create your own website and publish yourself.
- Put AdSense on the page.
- Get some knowledge about affiliate programs.
If you are not able to make 55$ per month from ads after six month then get a real life and realize that you are not born to be a writer or web publisher.
Example for a sustainable (!) money stream
I have one local website where I write one or two articles a week. Sometimes I don’t publish new content for six weeks and still this site makes ~ 300$/month just humming along. No nudity, no big subjects, not even in English, just my nose which tells me what people are interested in. Income comes from AdSense everywhere, four sold links on the front page, Amazon everywhere and a few affiliate links in certain articles.
Please! Believe me it works.
The Internet is full of resources for freelance writing jobs. Performancing had some great articles about being a freelancer and how to make money with with freelance writing jobs.
Just search on Performancing: Freelance