Steven Hodson of WinExtra.com learned a valuable lesson today that is worthy of sharing and that is, cute headlines don’t work. I know I’ve had my days where I come up with what I believe to be an awesome headline only to find out that it turned into a failure. I think the headlines which don’t work the most often are the ones that are inside jokes that only the post author knows. With that in mind, I think it’s time to revisit an excellent guide that was published by Brian Clark of CopyBlogger.com that focuses entirely on headlines. The guide is as follows:
- Why You Should Always Write Your Headline First
- The Cheater’s Guide to Writing Great Headlines
- Do Key Words in Post Titles Really Matter?
- How to Write a Killer “How To” Post That Gets Attention
- 7 Reasons Why List Posts Will Always Work
- Why Some People Almost Always Write Great Post Titles
- 10 Sure-Fire Headline Formulas That Work
- 7 More Sure-Fire Headline Templates That Work
- Warning: Use These 5 Surefire Headline Templates at Your Own Risk
Writing excellent headlines is a science to say the least but after reading Brian’s guide, it should be much easier.