I’ll admit it. In the past, I’ve been stingy with my links.
And I’ll also admit that I’ve been stingy with my links because of Google’s PageRank algorithm.
But Google’s PageRank is a theory surrounded by too many epicycles at this point. And now I realize that I’ve been hurting my websites by being stingy.
No more stinginess.
Here’s why you and I should be liberal with our linking:
1. Linking to other sites in your niche draws attention to your own blog
2. Bloggers are lovers. They need some love to give some love.
3. Free-linking breaks up your stale link-network and dissolves bad patterns
4. Quality linking adds value for your readers and establishes you as an authority
5. Quality linking adds value to the Internet
So forget about PR leakage. Forget about monetizing PR. Start linking out like a loose lemon (a loose lemon is one which is not sour).