Paula B of the Writing Show has just published our third podcast together: Monetizing Your Blog. It’s completely unrehearsed, but Paula does a good job of getting me to cover a lot of ground in a short space of time so if you have some time to spare, get the mp3 here.
Some subjects covered include:
- What options are available for making income from blogs and Web sites
- Why affiliate schemes (cost per acquisition) have been slow to take off in the blogosphere
- Where to place ads for best results
- What some of the pros and cons of the various options are
- Why people click on ads
- What you can do to get higher-quality ads
- Which strategy is best for most people
- How readers feel about Web ads
- Which sorts of visitors are likely to click on ads
- How to evaluate blog topics for their financial potential
- Why selling a blog is tricky
- Whether it’s possible to make a living from your blog
- What Performancing is planning in the way of an ad network for bloggers.
Thanks once more to Palula,it’s always a fun experience doing these shows!
powered by performancing firefox