Reading Davids Blog Herald post made me think about some of the characters we meet around the world of blogging. His post is about how while some blogs are big enough that they do not need to promote, or might even think they are above such things, the rest of us need to promote our content in order for it to be seen.
Immediately I thought of the blogging snobs, but then I realized how easy it is to slip into that thinking. We always think our opinions are reasonable, it is “other” people who are snobs, right? Have a look to see if you have ever caught yourself thinking these snobby thoughts …
- Selling links is below me
- Asking for links is below me
- Asking for Diggs is below me
- Content is King, my content is good enough that I don’t need to promote it
- My blog is that good, I don’t need to link out or comment
- Blogger and WordPress.com are for noobs
- Ugh, another MyBlogLog widget
For someone who spends their days telling other people how they should blog it might seem hypocritical 🙂 But really, who are we to judge how other people blog?
I am going to take my own advice and think carefully about if I am being snobby next time I spout off. Do you encounter blog snobbery? Please let us know with your comments ..