Raj’s article entitled Hitting $100/mth in AdSense: 7 Things I’ve Learned prompted me to write this article with the slightly more provocative title.
My first goal was to make $100/month. Then $10/day. Then $20/day. Then $50/day.
Then $100. That was the last goal I reached. Now I’m closing in on four figures in AdSense alone (well, not that close, but close enough;-) …
- Pick the Right Niche: I can’t overstate this. Traffic=Money. Your niche should be capable of driving a lot of traffic.
- Bait Like Hell: SERPS drive traffic and bait drives the SERPS.
- Be A Freak of Nature: Get up at 3am, start working and don’t stop until 10pm. If you don’t have enough to do, then either you’re not in the right niche, you’re lazy, or you need to educate yourself on how to…
- Build Your Footprint: Interact, interact, interact. With people and social media systems. Comment. Vote. You know the drill. Just don’t stop.
- Target Powerful Eyeballs: You know your niche and you know the important people in your niche. Make sure they know you. And don’t stop there. Make sure Fox News knows about you too.
- Link-Out Like A Loose Lemon: Just keep linking to other sites in your niche. They might or might not link back to you, but they can’t ignore you…12 months later…
- 12 Months Baby, 12 Months: Work like a horse for 12 months. If you make it, you can start to relax…cuz everyone’s coming to you now.
Bonus: Make a friend every day.
Those are the 7 things I’ve learned. Pick the right niche and put all your energy into it for 12 months. There are other important factors like outsourcing to free you up to do what you do best…but at the end of the day, it’s focused, freak of nature exertions of energy in the right direction that win the day….
…at least that’s how it’s worked for me.