Development for WordPress 2.8 is well under way. With a tentative date scheduled for March 9th (I highly believe a release won’t happen on this day) let’s take a look at what we can expect in this new version.
- Improved Widget Interface
- Improved Performance
- New Theme Browser/Installer
- One Click Theme Upgrades
- Use Of Simple Pie Instead Of MagPie RSS To Parse Feeds In The Dashboard
- Allow the dashboard widgets to be arranged in up to four columns as set via the Screen Options tab
- Press This Bookmarklet Improvements
- Fix tags suggest for post quick edit and bulk edit
- Add Sticky to list of post states
- Add CodePress syntax highlighting to Theme and Plugin editors
You can check out the entire slate of features lined up for the next version of WordPress here. Anything you’ve seen that your excited for?
I also feel that it is impossible to release on that day because there are only a few days left.
l wish it would be more and more fast becouse many of the servers are still very slow for web 2 sites that own high database running in backround. l dont know how will they manage it but it would be better.
And Tag suggestion from search engines and from social networks would be also usefull,
And One more is Visibility from Search engines also would be great with extra new features like more professional sitemap codes or ext.
I’m always excited by increased performance. Anything that makes my blogs a tad snappier are fine by me.
Syntax highlighting for the theme/plugin editors is pretty awesome too, although I mainly just use TextMate for editing those.
The integration of Simple Pie! It’s a tremendous plugin.