Development for WordPress 2.8 is well under way. With a tentative date scheduled for March 9th (I highly believe a release won’t happen on this day) let’s take a look at what we can expect in this new version.
- Improved Widget Interface
- Improved Performance
- New Theme Browser/Installer
- One Click Theme Upgrades
- Use Of Simple Pie Instead Of MagPie RSS To Parse Feeds In The Dashboard
- Allow the dashboard widgets to be arranged in up to four columns as set via the Screen Options tab
- Press This Bookmarklet Improvements
- Fix tags suggest for post quick edit and bulk edit
- Add Sticky to list of post states
- Add CodePress syntax highlighting to Theme and Plugin editors
You can check out the entire slate of features lined up for the next version of WordPress here. Anything you’ve seen that your excited for?