Nick was interviewed recently for The Writing Show on the topic of “Writing the Killer Blog”. It’s a great podcast, Paula does an excellent job of asking some interesting questions, well worth a listen. If you can’t listen they have been good enough to transcribe the whole thing.
Join us as Nick discusses:
- What types of blogs populate the Web
- Whether you have to be a good writer to produce an effective blog
- What makes a blog compelling
- Why most blogs fail at community building and why community is so important
- How monetizing a blog led to fascinating discussions within his community
- How paid advertising has worked for him as a means of attracting readers
- How blogging may evolve
Interviewee: Nick Wilson
Host: Paula B
Date: January 9, 2006
Running time: 40:22 minutes
File size: 30 megabytes
Podcasts are not something we have done before here, do let us know what you thought of it.