Bored or just can’t think of anything to blog? Here are some links to check out, either to waste a bit of time or get some inspiration.
- The Onion, if you haven’t visited it before, is a spoof news site – a parody of CNN. What’s that got to do with blogging? Well, here’s an example of a fun article: Stop Making Movies About My Books, supposedly by Dr. Seuss rolling around in his grave. Storytelling is something you could incorporate in each post/ and all your little blogger friends will think you’re the most. After you stop laughing and snorting out loud/ find your own storytelling style, of which you’ll be proud.
- Here’s a fun (read “time wasting”) imaging tool: Montagr, from Devious Gelatin (is that a great site name or what). Enter a search for a keyword, and Montagr will pick up images from Flickr, then reconstruct one image using a montage of other images. It needs refinement in the algorithm, but it’s still fun. Too much fun.
- Katy at I’m Blogging That provides a detailed explanation on how to use Technorati to find blogging inspiration.
- Tired of the same old RSS feed icon? Smashing Magazine offers a set of interesting variations designed by Dirceu Veiga that might catch your fancy or give you ideas for your own.
- Speaking of icons, Danny Outlaw over at Outlaw Design Blog lists links to 22 free icon sets that he loves. Some are fun, some are pretty slick.
- Design Adapatations offers 5 WordPress optimization tips to clean up and speed up your installation.
- Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on? I rarely Twitter, yet I’ve been getting regular new followers (some of whom I started following a year ago, others completely new to me). How are these people finding me and why are they bothering to follow me, a mostly inactive Twit?