Blog Tip

Blogging With Purpose

One of the most important things you can do as a blogger is blog with purpose. In other words, you need to know what you hope to accomplish with your blog. Do you want to make money? Do you want to land a job? These questions control what actions you should take when blogging.

It’s also important to have a specific point that you want to make with each of your blog posts. Before you publish your next post, make it a point to read through it and make sure that the post makes a clear and concise point. This main point is often referred to as your thesis when writing papers, articles, or documents.

I personally think a lot of people struggle to find purpose, especially when just beginning. When I first started my personal blog, it did not have a specific purpose other than giving me the ability to write out my thoughts and adventures. This made it rather difficult for me because it was hard to monetize it since it did not have any specific goal.

Once I realized that, I knew how important it is to create a goal from the start. This makes it much easier to make a plan of attack since you know where you are trying to get to. So the best advice I can give a new blogger is make sure to sit down and think about your purpose. Figure out exactly what you want to do with your blog and you will make the road ahead much easier for yourself.

Author: Justin Wright

10 thoughts on “Blogging With Purpose

  1. I agree, people should have some kind of purpose when blogging and not just ramble on about nothing. Make a point and communicate well. There are other arenas for mindless communications.

  2. I don’t know I guess for me it goes both ways, I got into blogging to make my business more profitable. But the fact still remains that it help me professionally speak my opinion in the views I have about my industry, I think its a win/win.

  3. 99% of the bloggers on this planet are in it for the money. The remaining 1% dont know that you can actually make money doing it. I have a foot in both camps, as I got one blog just for the fun of it and a few others where I make some money. But it`s hard making a living off of it.. :/

  4. Blogging with purpose is extremely important. You have to give the readers an added info about anything depending on the topic you choose,.

  5. Gosh it took me ages to set up a blog. My aim was to just share my thoughts with whoever happened to come across it. To monetize it – wouldn’t have a clue.

  6. I think we all want to make money by blogging.
    It’s the most important purpose. No one just can blog without eating.

  7. Agreed. Defining your purpose is best done before starting your blog. It’s the best decision you can make, before deciding what niche you are going to dive in, what platform you’ll gonna use, or what SEO strategy you’ll implement. When you have a purpose, you have a direction. From a purpose, you can basically define your goals and determine your next smart move towards the realization of your purpose. Purpose may change along the way, you may stick to your old purpose or do some additions, yet it is really vital to make things start the right way.

  8. It is a given that you would want to write about something that has a purpose and a goal in mind. Especially if you want to monetize it. Otherwise you could go tweet! Thank for the reminder though.

  9. I have been told to us blogging to increase the numbers of hits on our web site, as I depend on hits to the site to increase our customer base. True or Not ??
    I need help and direction.

    Regards
    Peter.

Comments are closed.