Quite a few of you have asked about how to track how many users you’re refering to the Partners blog advertising network. So many in fact that we re-prioritized a little just to release this new code a bit quicker.
If you’re in the Partners program, you can see how many Partners you’ve refered by visiting: your referrers reports page which is a new subsection under reports in the main publishers section.
How referals work
The Partners program was conceived and developed by folks with a fair bit of experience in web publishing for profit. We’ve tried to build this (and indeed, are still building it) with publishers at the very heart of the system. Without you we cant do this, and our commitment to you on referals reflects that beleif and attitude.
This is from our pricing policy page
we pay a further 5% of either publisher earnings, or advertiser spend, to the partner that referred them to us. Not only that, we pay it for as long as the referree is actively displaying our ads, or buying them.
This allows you to build a strong base income independent of your own blogs advertising sales over time. The longer you’re a partner, and the harder you work to promote the program to others, the larger that residual income base will become. Good isn’t it?
- We pay 5% of either publisher earnings or advertiser spend
- An advertiser is considered your referal until they stop buying ads *
- An publisher is considered your referal until they stop showing ads *
- There is no limit to what you can earn. The more you make, the more we make
- Only publishers displaying ads are elligible for the program, once your account is inactive for 90 days we wipe the slate clean, and any remaining advertisers or publishers revert to the ‘house’.
- * account inactivity for 90 days
How to refer pulblishers or advertisers
It’s dead simple:
- Make sure your partners code is on the page you link to us from.
- Link to any part of the performancing.com site
- When a user adds their first blog, or makes their first ad buy, the referal is recorded and the deal is done.
Linking to the partners home page, publishers page or advertisers page is probably your best bet, but the mechanism works provided the partners ads are shown on the page you link from. If a reader clicks your “advertise here” button, it will also count as a referal, and indeed you can even link to that same page if talking to potential advertisers.
powered by performancing firefox