Hello everyone, I’m pleased to announce the release of
Performancing for Firefox 1.3.5.
Not to long ago we talked about the Roadmap for the 1.4 release, and what we have in store. However with recent changes in the Blogger.com service, we thought it would be a good idea to have an intermediate release with bugfixes and better Blogger.com support. So here we are with 1.3.5!
Additions and Fixes:
1) Better Spell-check support in Firefox 2.0. Both Rich and normal editing now have spell-check, along with bug fixes and you can now switch easily between different languages provided you have more
than one dictionary installed
2) Fixed Blogger support. This release now works with both normal and Beta blogger accounts.
3) Added Label (tag) support to blogger. Note this only works with Blogger Beta accounts at this moment. You can add labels to your post via the ‘Categs’ tab. You will see a new button called “Add Category” at the bottom where you can add posts to your account. You can also see what your history items have and change their categories.
4) Improved Account manager. Better auto-detect and added ability to select what blogs
you want added to your list. i.e. if you have more than on blog under
the same API and username, before PFF would add them all, now you can
de-select (while holding down the ctrl key) the ones you don’t want to add.
5) Fixed a Master Password issue. If you have a master password set in Firefox, PFF should now only ask you for your password once.
6) Draft support for Blogger
7) Window Icon for windows and Linux (when opening PFF in a window).
8) Prevent duplicate tag and ‘powered by …’ insertion in posts.
9) Experimental newMediaObject image and file uploading. For blog systems that support image uploads (MT, wordpress, Drupal, etc.) You can now try the ‘Upload Via API’ button in the image uploading window. Please note this is experimental, if you have issues or it works for you, please let us know so we can improve it.
10) MacOSX Rich Edit view corruption fixed. The cursor should no longer get lost in long posts on MacOSX
1) Bookmarking to delicious on blogger accounts only works with blogger beta for the time being.
2) Embedding Flash and other Media in a blogger post doesn’t always work. I’ve written an article on on how to embed videos, etc. in blogger here.
3) Long titles in Blogger posts get cut off in history mode. For some reason the history atom feeds we get from blogger only allow an X amount (50 chars I think). So if you edit a post with a long title in PFF, PFF will only load the first 50 chars of it. To fix this for now until Blogger changes this on their side is to copy your original long title and paste it back into pff for post you are editing. This is a know issue by the Blogger devs and should be fixed soon without any needed changes to PFF.
Thank you all who helped us test it in the multiple beta releases, and a thank you to the Blogger team at Google for the great improvements in the latest API and being very responsive to our questions.
For those interested in what will be version 1.4. Head over to the PFF 1.4 Roadmap post and make yourself heard!
As always, if you have any support questions or problems, head to the PFF Forums and we will be sure to help you out!
Technorati Tags: performancing, firefox, blogger, blogging